2 large cactus leaves
2 oz. olive oil
1 large lime
Salt to taste
1 large roma tomato, sliced
5 oz. shredded Oaxaca cheese
- Clean cactus well by shaving off the spines.
- Julienne the cactus long-wise.
- Saute the cactus strips in olive oil until they get soft.
- Add salt to taste and squeeze 1/3 of lime juice on cactus strips.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, put arugula, tomatoes & cactus – toss together.
- Add salt to taste; squeeze the rest of the lime; pour in about 1 oz. of olive oil.Toss well.
- Put salad on a plate and top with shredded Oaxaca cheese.