2 oz. black chili paste
1 oz. vinegar
1 Tbsp garlic paste (or 1 clove finely chopped garlic)
1 ½ cup water
1 Tbsp Shrimp base
¼ cup white wine
½ cup whipping cream
½ cup flour
16 pieces of U-10 scallops
2 Tbsp cooking oil
1 Tbsp butter
Salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Blend chili paste, vinegar, 1 lime, garlic, water & shrimp base in a blender.
- Set aside.
- Dust scallops in flour.
- Pre-heat non-stick pan with oil.
- When pan is hot, brown scallops on both sides for 1-2 minutes (until golden brown)
- Put scallops in oven for 1 ½ – 2 minutes.
- Take scallops out and put on a plate.
- Using same pan as before, pour ½ of liquid from the blender into the pan.
- Reduce heat & add butter, salt, whipping cream, white wine & squeeze 1 lime.
- Let simmer for a minute.
- Pour sauce over scallops on plate.